Shoulder instability is a problem due to increased intra-articular shoulder movement. Shoulder joint is a hinge, which by its nature has high mobility, so that our hand can make a multitude of movements in space.
The stability of the joint, especially when performing sports, requires the proper functioning of all muscles in the shoulder belt.
Shoulder instability is due to 3 main factors:
- Previous traumatic shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder overload due to repetitive motion
- Poor activation of shoulder muscle stabilizers
In any case, the purpose of treatment is
- Proper activation of the rotator cuff muscles and the shoulder muscles and
- The strengthening of all the muscles moving the shoulder, in positions where the instability occurs and in the dynamic skills required by the sport and the daily activities of the individual.